GM Truck Club Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 95 k2500 which has a blown up 4l80E. Since I despise automatics, I am going the NV4500 route. The only help I need is answers to a couple of questions. First off can the trans cross member be moved forward? The second is do I need to change the front shaft as well as the back shaft? I know that this a very old question but I haven't found anything pretaining to this. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
I cant help much if at all but you do realize that the cross member is bolted in place? so yes of course it can be moved wherever it needs to go. it's one of the first things you need to remove before the transmission can come out besides the nuts and bolts holding it in place. so all you need to do is drill new holes exactly where you want it.

Im pretty sure your guna need the ECM from a manual truck and since this is a 95 and is the 1 year only truck I'm really not sure what problems that may pose. maybe not any if you get a 95 manual trans ecm...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. It's been a long while since I was underneath it. Right now I'm in the parts gathering stage. That being said thanks for the input. There were threads on here talking about rewiring the selector switch to make the truck think it was in drive. I'm tired of it sitting.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts