GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,542 Posts
A few months back I found a Fully loaded 1996 2500 4x4 7.4ltr SLT Suburban with 28k and no engine or transmission in a barn. The deceased owners son thought the Suburban had been sold when the transmission went out in 99. $1850 later I was the owner.
I was in the process of selling a supercharged 7.4ltr 2500 4x4 Suburban and decided to try a 350 this time since the truck would be the wifes daily driver. I made a trade involving a classic Chevy hauler for $$ and a built 4 bolt main 350 and transmission to be installed. The trade didnt quite work as the freshly rebuilt 350 siezed during initial run-up. My somewhat guilty feeling friend then offered up the engine and transmission from his shop truck, a slightly built 454 (cam, roller rockers, larger injectors, and stainless valves) with an Art Carr transmission (both have less than 3500 miles since a professional rebuild). They added a new true dual stainless steel exhaust with dual cats and dual Flowmaster SUV 50's.
After almost two months my Suburban came home today. Heres pictures.

Sorry the quality isnt better I was trying to shoot between rain showers.

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
Very nice package! Bet it tows well.

·
Premium Member
1,625 Posts
Nice ride, now what are you going to tow with it?

It would be such a same not to use that engine for work. I bet that baby could pull a 3’ thick stump right out of the ground without even working up a sweet.

·
Premium Member
6,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've got a 19' boat and a 34' car trailer that it'll tow. I'm looking at buying a 24' or larger bumper pull camp trailer.
This truck will do most of it's time as a commuter tho.
I removed most of the badging and rub strips yesterday and put in a new grill. She's off to the detail shop today to get a good cleaning and buffing.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts