GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For quite a while now the 60 part of my 60/40 middle seat will not fold down. I can tug on the little loop for all its worth but it doesnt budge. I verified the correct operation in the owners manual (just in case I was losing my mind). The 40 part folds down correctly.

I've sprayed some WD40 down the opening and on the hinges. It feels as if the latch is moving but it seems to be binding on something towards the middle of the seat.

It makes no sense to me ... any ideas?

·
Registered
878 Posts
Crawl in the back and check that something hasn't gotten jammed into the seat frame / latch area. Sometimes the middle lap belt falls down there on my 99 and holds me up.

Good luck,

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Success !!

Turns out that although the little loop thingy is by the door, the latch is actually in the center of the seat. Both makes sense since the loop by the door lets you stand at the door to pull the seat down, while having the latch in the center is more secure. All credit goes to my wife who decided to pull up on the seat belt latches (towards the center of the seat) while I pulled from the side. I'll be cleaning the latch mechanism till its easy to operate from the door again. Probably too many spilled drinks by the kids during our many road trips for travel soccer and competition cheerleading !!

·
Registered
878 Posts
Good to hear you figured it out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts