GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just completed the dreaded intake manifold job on my 5.7L gas engine. All went well. Engine started right up. But now have a hard clunk in the drivetrain between 45 -60mph. (Trans if the 4L60E with 2 speed active transfer case) Usually happens right at 52mph as I am gradually accelerating but will also do it when I get up to that speed and then slightly let off the gas. It is one quick hard jerk. It almost feels like it is trying to go in reverse. It happens in 2WD or 4WD. Also happens if I'm in 3rd or Overdrive. The Check Engine Light is on. I've tried disconnecting the battery to reset the computer. There are two sensors on the throttle body. Could one of those cause a drivetrain condition?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Just got the codes checked. Came up with the Camshaft Position Sensor. With the mechanics reader, it showed my cam off by 45 degrees but yet runs perfect except for the jerk. He thought that could be a misfire but was surprised it even runs. Is it possible for this sensor to work intermittantly?

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
Did ya leave a socket in the intake...LOL. Actually thats not even funny!
I would investigate and pull that SES code off computer first. You'll have to maybe shake truck from side to side in driveway to see if its a suspension part??

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
Just got the codes checked. Came up with the Camshaft Position Sensor. With the mechanics reader, it showed my cam off by 45 degrees but yet runs perfect except for the jerk. He thought that could be a misfire but was surprised it even runs. Is it possible for this sensor to work intermittantly?
They are flaky! I've had a few changed on assorted vehicles

·
Premium Member
1,101 Posts
I would pull the distributor, set the engine to #1 TDC on compression stroke and re-insert the distributor set at #1 firing and see if it clears up.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts