GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just replaced my power steering and hydro booster, bled all the air out and got rid of the noise. when I lowered my truck off the jack and went to test drive my truck my steering wheel applys the brake pedal. I have never heard of this and cant find anything online about it. there is no shaking of the wheel, it is acutally moving the brake pedal. thanks

·
Registered
13,346 Posts
The brake pedal may be falling because the rod is being moved by the pressure of the power steering fluid.
You don't use vacuum and I've never worked on a system that uses the powersteering pump for brake assist.
However, I can see how turning the wheel can change the pressure available for braking.
Could you have problem in the brake master cylinder area?

·
Registered
98 3500 crew cab,long bed 2wd 7.4 liter and one hell of a horn
3 Posts
I just replaced my power steering and hydro booster, bled all the air out and got rid of the noise. when I lowered my truck off the jack and went to test drive my truck my steering wheel applys the brake pedal. I have never heard of this and cant find anything online about it. there is no shaking of the wheel, it is acutally moving the brake pedal. thanks
Now thats awesome ! My buddies just leaked like a sive and sounded like the resevor was bone dry all the time. So we just ditched that system by getting the little fitting from the dealer and new pump and let me tell you the diffrence is night and day. But no way does it even come close to your steering wheel applying the breaks lololo

1 - 4 of 4 Posts