GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Steering still sloppy! New upper/ lower ball joints, inner/ outer tie rods, idler/pitmann arms, upper control arm bushings, sway bar bushing, halfshafts, wheel bearings, and rag joint. Replaced gear box twice with reman. Took it to dealer and they put in 2 boxes. Still sloppy or no right turn. Pulled box off junk yard truck per dealer advice. I can turn right again, but still loose. Removed the sss evo solenoid drilled it out and left it unplugged, to achieve regular power steering. I'm now back to smooth steering, no jerking. 1998 k1500 with hd front torsion bars and 14 bolt sf. 3 inch body lift and 33" tires for the last 21 years. What other moving parts am I missing?

·
Registered
2,657 Posts
Looks like all that is left to replace is the Idler arm bracket assembly, lower control arm bushings and the steering shaft spere kit if you have tilt steering.
I woud lock the lower steering shaft at the rag joint so that it doesn't move and try to move the steering wheel to see if the problem is in the column if a tilt wheel. Then if its ok have someone in the cab (engine off) move the steering wheel slightly left and right of center while you are under the truck to see where the play is.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts