GM Truck Club Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi:

New to this forum. I am stumped by my truck. Plain jane 4 cyl with 5 speed. No power options. I have started getting a battery drain. I have narrowed it down to the BCM. It has a constant draw of 0.2 amps. Battery will go dead in a couple days. If I pull the fuse for the BCM it will go to a normal 50 mA draw. If I pull the fuse, it will not run. Where is the BCM on this truck? From what I have read it could be in a couple places. Anything that has been known to cause a problem? All obvious lights do go off after the usual 30 seconds of opening and closing the doors. Have checked the glove box and vanity lights, they all turn off. Radio shuts off. I don't know what else to look for. I assume by unplugging the BCM harness the truck will not run at all. I appreciate any help. Thanks.

Regan

·
Registered
314 Posts
Usually it is behind the ash tray/hvac controls near the gas pedal.

You would probably be better off going to s10forum.com because it is obviously S10 owners there who probably been down this road before.

I am an S10 owner myself but mine is a 2003 4.3 and I have not experienced this issue.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts