GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On the road this weekend and Tahoe shut down. Checked fuses and fuel pump relay, but no response from the pump. Found a pump at Carquest and spent half a day putting it in. Replaced fuel pump relay.

Problem: Fuel pump does not come on when the ignition is turned on. With a jumper wire pump turns on and engine starts. Any help or suggestions?

Petey!

·
Registered
2 Posts
fuel pump

I have a 96 yukon. I've had trouble with my fuel before. I took it to the dealer and it was the fuel relay, it needed electrical grease on it and a bad ground near the gas tank. I'm currently having problems with the fuel system now. If you ever have to put a fuel pump in, do yourself a favor and put in an AC DELCO pump, spend the extra 60 buck it's worth it. I hope this helps.

·
Registered
22 Posts
delco rules

Yeah I agree!! Its definately worth the money to by a factory pump. I made the mistake and bought one from Autozone and had to redo the pump again in a month. Then the second one I put in under warranty didn't read the fuel level right. So my third time was a charm when I went to the dealer and got the Delco!!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts