GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy

Looks like a pretty good place y'all have here.

I need some help to help a friend. They have a '98 burb that has a hole in the transfer case housing. They were told this was a one year application so it has to be a '98 case to replace it. Can't find one.

Is this true? Or can a different year case be used as long as the internals are used?

·
Premium Member
1,625 Posts
can it be welded?

i have welded aluminum cases for tranys before, thing is they have to be empty.

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
Monster Transmissions

Give the guys at Monster Transmissions a call. They can give you info on what TC's you can use and they offer free shipping.
[FONT=arial, helvetica, sanserif]Toll Free - (800) 708-0087
Sales Dept.
- option 1#
Tech Dept. - option 2#
btw, when asking info about a vehicle, remember make, model, and options. Burbs came in 1500, 2500 and 3500.
[/FONT]

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'll have to ask for some more details, I find it hard to believe in a one year only application in a Burb. Particularly a transfer case.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
More details, 1500 push button controls.

I went to the monster transmission site and did not see a 1 year application anywhere so I think the tranny shop/wrecking yard is pulling a fast one. The outfit is not here so I can not look at it. Still trying to pin down the model of transfer case.

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
I found this on ebay.

And this on another site.

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
[FONT=arial, helvetica, sanserif]
btw, when asking info about a vehicle, remember make, model, and options. Burbs came in 1500, 2500 and 3500.
[/FONT]
I'm not saying your wrong, but I'm curious to know when 'burbs came in 3500 class? I thought max class offered was 2500.

·
Super Moderator
3,391 Posts
3500 isn't 1-ton?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Burbs came in 1 ton, out in the country ranchers bought a lot of them. There was a supposed 1 ton Blazer with a 6.2 on craigs list here in Montana, but I only counted 6 studs on the wheels.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts