GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm rebuilding a 69 Chevy fleet side 4x4 and installing a 5.7 vortec out of a 99 Escalade. I'm looking for tips, tricks, info on parts and anything related to help me get this running. I have the original wire harness. I will not smog it so I can eliminate stuff from it. I was looking to use the diagram from Painless wiring to follow which wires to keep. I believe installing a Escalade instrument cluster from that year will make it easier to get running.Am I right ? Also I need to pick up a PCM module and fuel pump. Any recommendations on parts ? What am I missing ? any tips are welcome. Thanks

·
Registered
7,172 Posts
Welcome to the Club! Unfortunately, I do not have any answers for you (or at least good ones!), but you might want to try posting your your questions in the Tech Q&A portion of this forum vs the Member Introductions section to get a quicker response, as many of the mechs/techs check that area more frequently.

Good Luck!!

·
Registered
2,050 Posts
X2 on what Mike said. Welcome to the site, I am sure some one here has some ideas for you.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts