GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,
Great forum you got here. Just recently picked up a '99 Suburban 1500 LT, 350, loaded(almost). For a steal of $3350

Anyways I have searched through the forum and have yet to find an answer to these two problems.

1) Power Door locks do not work (From the switches or the fobs) they make no noise nor try to move. almost like they have no power. I pulled the drivers side switch panel off, and just quickly tested for power, there is power to the switch. Could this be a relay? or a fuse? if so what ones should I look at?

(Number 2 may be related?)

2) Fuse #15 (20 amp) on the convince panel (cover states "DRL/FOG") was blown, however the DRL's are functioning properly (no fogs). When I replace it, it instantly blows it again, (short?) has any one experienced this?

All other power options seem to work... power- heated seats, lights, horn, 4wd, stereo, windows, etc.

I have no manual for this (the previous owner is trying to find it)

Thanks for any help in advance.

Justin

·
Super Moderator
3,397 Posts
On my '91, a lot more goes through the DRL/FOG fuse than just DRLs and fogs... (hell, on my '91 burb, there was never such a thing as either....) I have some short going on with my cig lighter that will blow that fuse sometimes. When this happens, the overhead lights will not work, and the cig lighter will only work when the door is open....go figure... Hope this helps in some little way...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thats what I had figured, how ever the DRL system does not seem affected, nor does anything else(except power locks).

Does anyone know off the top of their head which fuse is utilized by the power locks?

Thanks Again,
Justin

1 - 3 of 3 Posts