GM Truck Club Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've replaced my computer, entire ignition system (Ign controller,coil, wires, cap rotor, ect), crankshaft pos, cam pos, and a mess of other items to include the fuel pump and the fuel injection spider. Finally found the culprit!!! The distributor gear was chewed all to hell but the cams looks fine. Got the motor to finally fire but it stalls instantly. I'm burnt out and need some fresh ideas. Please help. maybe timing 180 off?

· Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Getting plenty of fuel 62 psi with upgraded fuel spider, regulator, pump, and filter. When I give it throttle it gurgles and dies. Computer not giving me any codes or other information. It start up after a long crank them dies in a couple of seconds. I'm still lost as to this problem. My factory service manuals don't give me much but to check the intake for leaks and check the emissions system.

· Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Finally got it. I had to hook it up to a GM computer. Had to reprogram the security system. Started right up and runs great. Only one thing, it starts almost the same time I turn the key. I think the timing still needs to be adjusted a little. Wont run right yet with my MSD 6A. misfires a little. Now I have to replace the EGR too. Stuck closed.

· Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hey I'm also having timing issues ever since I replaced my distributor gear.Any suggestions. I've tried rotating the distributor while idling but there seems to be no differance. Damn computer controlled spark.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.