1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
99 Chevy Suburban
5.7 liter gas engine
4wd

Hello all, newb here. I recently acquired a 99 burban that I was having trouble getting to start. I have drained the battery trying to start it. I changed the plugs and removed the heat shields, oh, by the way, should I have put the factory heat shields back on? It would seem more of a pain to put those back on then not. I think its the fuel pump, because i know its got gas, but it doesnt seem to wanna catch when turning over. Any thoughts? Way to check to see if it is the fuel pump without removing? TIA.

·
1,536 Posts
Test the fuel pump (and the rest of the fuel system) with a fuel pressure gauge. Pressure should come up to spec with the engine off. Should stay near spec while cranking. Should stay near spec for several minutes after the pump shuts off.

·
Registered
2 Posts
having the same problem

i've had the very same problem in my 99 Burban, tested the fuel pump and it was good, ended up taking to my shop and they got a security code off the scanner, turns out my security inclanation sensor is bad, truck will start and run fine every now and then but at times it will fail to start, my security blinker on my dash will go off, and blink, mechanic told me he had to reprogram the computer, i bought the part last night it was $175 has anyone else had this problem (awaiting results today i sure hope thats the problem)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts