GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,new to site how is everyone??I just purchased a Gibson exhaust for my 99 suburban(dual cat)from stylintrucks,now i pleaded with the guy that i thought the application he gave was wrong and it was.But being that i got for nearly half the orig cost i want to try and make it work.Ok now as you know the 99 suburban or at least my lt 1500 has dual cats and the Gibson exhaust(cat back) is for a single cat model 315517 which is a 3" all the way back.I believe the 2 pipes leading into the stock muffler from the cats are 2",so my thought was to get a scavenger "Y" collector model flo-y214300 from summit which is a dual 2 1/4" in to a single 3" out along with a section of 2 1/4" tubing.Obviously there is some fabrication needed.Do you think this will work or has any done anything like this with success??Let me know,thanks....

·
Registered
23 Posts
muffler shop?

any local custom muffler shops around? my friens rob owns a muffler shop on long island, i think i know the answer wich would be run a straight pip from the cat to where the exhaust stystem sits, thats just a guess though, ill stop by the shop tomorrow, show him this thread and see what he thinks, talk to you soon, good luck:great:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Exhaust

How's it going?Appreciate the reply,shoot if Long Island was closer to the Albany area i would just drive down there:lol:.Anyhow let me know what he thinks if you get around to it.I did get an email from a manager at stylin trucks stating he would make good on the mistake,supposedly??I got this exhaust on clearance for $225 plus $50 shipping,it was $360 and the proper set up is $460.He told me he would give me the right one for $390,i am waiting on a reply reguarding additional shipping.If they dont charge me agaian for that it may be worth the extra $115 to avoid paying possibly more for the fabrication work needed to be done..Any i will let you know one way or the other.Thanks again.

George

·
Registered
23 Posts
the right kit

if you can get the right kit for 100 bucks more, do it, otherwise you are at the fabricators mercy!!:grrrrrr:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
exhaust

Well i did end up spending the extra cash to get the proper fitting exhaust and ended up getting rhe magnaflow all stainless.Got the old one off today but unfortunately for me i had to cut 2 of the 3 studded bolts off that attach the muffler to the cats.It's freezing out and after 6 hrs of pure frustration and darkness setting in i've given up:grrrrrr:.I could not pound those 2 studs out to save my life,no amount of heat helped and laying on the ground was'nt helping either:grrrrrr:.So i was wondering if there was some kind of hand held press i may use to get these suckers out????Really wanted to hear roar tonight,oh well..... :sign0081:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Exhaust

Sorry to hear of your struggles. Reminds me of my high school days of laying in the driveway trying to put headers on! I have since learned that money spent at a muffler shop is money well spent! Took me a few years to learn to quit trying to beat people at their own game. Good luck!

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have the Gibson too and love it, my brother got his from ebay but I wanted a valid warranty(the winter salt here destroys metal) so I got it here. gibson 315517, or you can try one of the vendors here on the forum, they are allways having sales/specials. Either way its a great system and very easy to install and for the price you give it a look.
:gasp:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts