GM Truck Club Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
223 Posts
What are the best type and brand tires for winter highway driving with some snow?
A lot of opinions can be had, this is mine! I live out on Long Island in NY, we can get the full range of snow and ice. For many years I used full blown snow tires but found them to be very bad on ice, a friend recommended the Michlien LT's all seasons. The are great on ice and surprisingly good in the snow, they are on my 97 two drive sub with posi. Hope that helps with your thoughts, and yes I will put a set on my 02 that I just bought.

Phil

· Registered
223 Posts
I'd have to give huge winter kudos to Michelin LTX M/S. There on my work van and Sierra. Real dear in price though.
Ditto I run the same ones, they do not look very aggressive but will surprise most. Exceptional on ice, decent in fairly deep snow, I read it is the stipes in the tread. More edges grip better on ice, an aggressive tread is better when things get tough. When it is bad, I don't go out unless it is important.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.