GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all! New to forum and hoping to fix some issues with my Tahoe.

Recently when towing my 4000 lb. boat to the river I experienced surprising issues.
When climbing a grade the truck was unable to maintain a great amount of speed and the engine began to shutter under the load. Recently had the intake gasket replaced but there seems to be other issues with this engine. Currently has 115,000 miles, last tune up was at 85,000. Also have some issue with my A/C that needs to be addressed. Compress is out and seems to be missing some small parts.

Feel like getting it to a shop to get this problem fixed.

Any thoughts?

·
Registered
25 Posts
what kind of shuttering is it doing? could it be u-joints? or is it something a little more serious? does it do it right when it is about to shift?

·
1,536 Posts
My first question with this (and bkovacs kind of touched on this) is: is it a transmission issue (does it feel like the torque converter clutch (TCC ) isn't disengaging or like it should downshift) or is it an engine issue?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Seems that both of you may have hit it, I think. You would think that going up a grade the transmission would downshift, but it didn't seem to happen. My brother-in-law mechanic
said I should tap the brake when this happens, making it downshift. I usual on travel in 3rd gear when hauling this boat and not in overdrive.The check engine light is still on and its been almost a week sense moving the boat. I have noticed when sitting at a traffic light I have a rough idle and off and on hesitation. Need to get the oil changed and get it to a shop to see if they can help me out.

·
1,536 Posts
Anytime the SES light comes on, the best 1st step is to pull codes from the computer. I would agree that, if you're not up to doing it yourself, it's time to get it to a shop.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts