GM Truck Club Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an issue that I've ignored because I thought it was normal, but the more I think about it, the more it doesn't seem right. I have the manual dual climate control air conditioning system in my truck, and when I have it turned off, it still blows a little through the vents while I'm moving. It isn't "conditioned" air...it's just like the vent, and the faster I go, the harder it blows. Is this normal, or is something not closing off all the way?? :neutral:

·
Registered
225 Posts
I believe the more you dig into this issue you find it is just the "Flow through ventilation" which is mandatory for quite some years now.

Phil

·
Registered
3,438 Posts
Normal and you can still adjust where you want it to flow, I always like it on my feet:great:

·
Registered
194 Posts
my '04 does the samething. Works great up here in the sping and fall with the heater. Just the right amount heat with turning on the fan.

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the reassurance guys! I feel better now :) I can see the benefits in this, but when it's humid outside...which in SE Texas is almost ALWAYS...I've gotta turn on the A/C to keep the humid air from blowing into the truck. Oh well.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Thanks for the reassurance guys! I feel better now :) I can see the benefits in this, but when it's humid outside...which in SE Texas is almost ALWAYS...I've gotta turn on the A/C to keep the humid air from blowing into the truck. Oh well.
Did some time in Fla which was also very humid, use the button that recycles the air that makes a big difference.

Phil

1 - 6 of 6 Posts