GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im having problems with the a/c blower motor, first i thought that it was the motor resistor or the motor relay so i replaced both of them, and that did not fix the problem so i replaced the switch in the a/c control module and to my surprise that did not fixed either so im out of options....i dont know what to do, any suggestions? It works in all other positions except for the high...

Make: Chevrolet
Model: 1500 Silverado
Year: 1997

Parts Replaced:
Fan blower switch
fan motor relay
fan motor resistor....

thank you...

·
Registered
56 Posts
Have you used a voltmeter to see if you are getting power to the resistors/blowermotor when switch is in high? Broken wire?

·
Registered
26 Posts
This may sound funny. But i did the same thing this week. The switch is working from off to high. Sometimes it misses high, noticed the back of my knob is cracked and it sometimes slips.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Im having the same problem, the fan is not working on high. How do you solve this without replacing the control unit? i heard that the module is expensive.

·
Registered
24 Posts
In my case, i don't hear a click from the relay. Although the fan stops working on high, the a/c indicator remains lit.

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
If the relay isn't clicking, it isn't working. Which is of course why you don't have high speed. Could be the relay, the switch, or the wiring in between. Shouldn't be too difficult to figure out with a voltmeter

1 - 7 of 7 Posts