GM Truck Club Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Kinda same problem here have a 03 Tahoe charge is good fuses are good relay is good. Jumped the low pressure switch no change
When ran power to the compressor itself it will engage the only thing I haven' tried is jumping the high pressure side. Any other thoughts?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Kinda same problem here have a 03 Tahoe charge is good fuses are good relay is good. Jumped the low pressure switch no change
When ran power to the compressor itself it will engage the only thing I haven' tried is jumping the high pressure side. Any other thoughts?

Just jumped high side while low side was jumped still nothing. Took relay back out and jumped across with wire and it engages and blows cold but changed relays still nothing

·
Registered
5,200 Posts
The dash temperature controls generally apply a ground to one side of the compressor clutch. The other side has 12V on it. Check all the fuses and fan speeds on the dash.

Ted

·
Registered
7 Posts
I know this may be a bit of an older thread, but I came across it and I'm hoping someone can answer a quick related question.
I have a 2003 Suburban 1500 with rear a/c, and I just replaced the a/c compressor. Unfortunately the new one doesn't cycle on, and I don't have the old one any longer to check if it's the new compressor or something else.
Fuses are good, swapped relays are good, filled the compressor with the recommended amount of oil, charged the system, and jumped the low pressure switch connector (2 wire switch up by the accumulator - also replaced).

The high side switch has three wires. Which two/three do I jump? I have yet to find a wiring diagram.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

·
Registered
5,200 Posts
Don't you have a thread for this already?

Ted

21 - 26 of 26 Posts