GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys hoping to find some help on this one I am lost on this here. My ac compressor does not engage the truck is also throwing DTC P0530 A/C refrigerant pressure sensor circuit. I know from the wonderful and all knowing google it has something to do with pressure being to high or to low for certain period of time and the PCM disables the A/C clutch. What I don't know is where to begin troubleshooting this problem I do know that pressure is with in range I jumped out the relay to get the clutch to engage and pressure was good and then begins to climb very fast. Is there any way everything could be working correctly and the system be clogged somewhere? Any help would be appreciated [FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

·
Registered
491 Posts
Maybe a kink in one your lines which reduces flow causing high pressures and resulting in the system shutting down. Did you check both the high pressure and low pressure side to see any abnormal pressures? If there was a kink, high side would be too high and low side should be lower pressure?

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No I just checked the low pressure side which as soon as the clutch engages goes from about 40psi to over 100psi fairly quickly I'm kinda stumped on this have never messed with the A/C system.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Can't think of any scenario that would cause what you describe short of a missinformation. Is this the truck in your signature you refere to? It is next to, if not impossible to get the guages on the wrong ports but if your not the first to work on it then anything goes. Any recent work on the system? I have worked on a number of compressors and they all have had the type of valves that would work no matter the rotation..suction pulls them open and pressure forces them closed for intake and opposite for discharge. Maybe the newer one have rotory or scroll that might be direction dependant. Has anyone changed belts recently and put it back incorrectly?

·
Registered
13 Posts
I'm no whiz with this stuff, but it almost sounds like your orifice tube might be clogged a little. If so, the compressor could be the cause. Metal shavings from a malfunctioning compressor can clog up the orifice tube screen creating an unwanted pressure issue and ultimately compressor failure. Just a thought. I also have an a/c issue I need help with and will post seperately.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts