GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone,

I'm new to the site here as I just bought my first Suburban this year :happy: and I love it! I currently live in Western North Carolina, the Suburban is a 2005 Z71 model with about 69,000 miles on it and I am the second owner (original owner from central North Carolina - around Charlotte - if that matters).

Last weekend I got in the truck and started it up, had the A/C on and everything was going good, then I heard a somewhat loud "rubbing" sound (that's the best I can describe it) and the A/C started blowing out hot air. It was driveable and no other issues appeared. Once I got to a place where I could stop, I checked it out and the compressor was operating and the lines at the accumulator were cold - very cold. I checked all the vents and the front passenger as well as the rear vents were all blowing out ice cold air, just the two on the drivers side were blowing out hot air. I went ahead and drove it to my final stop and when I finished up my task there, I came out and started it back up and the A/C was working just fine - no more hot air. As I drove on later that day, I heard that rubbing sound two more times but nothing happened.

Now, we had a heck of a rain storm come through, and it was pouring rain down, so I'm not sure if that has anything to do with it or not, but the rubbing sound came from the front driver's side area - like around the front wheel. Not sure if that helps out anything or not.

Have any of you seen this before? I've searched the forums but haven't found anything yet, so I hope this isn't a duplicate question.

Thanks for any help.

Fatboy

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the same problem with my 04'. Another forum said that it could be the actuators in a dampering system. So far I have just been shutting it off at stop light and restarting, and reaiming the rear ac ducts to the back of my head.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts