GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I finally got my truck lower. I went from a 2/3 (belltech springs and 3" blocks) to a 3/4 with the DJM control arms and 4" blocks. Install wasn't bad except that my friend and I ended up aligning it ourselves and that took a while. All in all pretty easy and smooth sailing. The ride isn't much different, although I hit a HUGE dip on the highway this mornng and scrubbed my front fenders pretty hard and hit my bump stops in the back pretty good too. I may need to cut them down if it happens frequenly. I think it looks TONS better and the thing I am most happy about is that I can go lower pretty easily in the future now! :D

Well, on to the pictures.

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
Nice shots, good scenery too.

·
Registered
284 Posts
:great: Great Pictures of a Great looking truck. How's the handling? must be great. Don't have to slow down for turns .
Glad to meet the Truck

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
:great: Great Pictures of a Great looking truck. How's the handling? must be great. Don't have to slow down for turns .
Glad to meet the Truck
Thanks! I don't have to slow down for turns unless there are bumps... :great:

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Besides going lower? :lol:

Of course...there are always more plans. I could tell you, but then I would have to kill you... :D

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Flatman Besides going lower?

Of course...there are always more plans. I could tell you, but then I would have to kill you... :D
fair enough. :glasses: How much lower do you plan to go? Maybe airbag set-up and tuckin rims?

·
Registered
170 Posts
Very nice, although it still seems really high for having a 4" drop! I guess when you start with a truck stance there is plenty of room to go. Did you have any camber issues with the drop, or does the solid axle keep all of that under control?

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Very nice, although it still seems really high for having a 4" drop! I guess when you start with a truck stance there is plenty of room to go. Did you have any camber issues with the drop, or does the solid axle keep all of that under control?
Yeah, the Z85 stock suspension is really high...this is what it looked like before I dropped it at all:

No camber issues after adjustment... :sign0011:

·
Super Moderator
3,398 Posts
It looks nice. I'm not for drops, I like lifting trucks, but that drop looks real sweet.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Dang Jay that is a sick truck, lol. Had a kid in highschool that him and his dad made a removable hard top s10 that was cool. When he took it off in the sun it removed the roof, and the back section all the way to the bed height.

·
Registered
296 Posts
This was mine with the same kit from DJM
[/IMG]

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Check out this Colorado...I fell in love with it..lol Go for getting yours this low...just dont chop the top. lol

I have seen that truck and it's cool...I just don't have that kind of $$$$$ to drop into my truck! Plus, mine is a daily driver... :glasses:

This was mine with the same kit from DJM
[/IMG]
Nice truck...where did it go?

·
Registered
296 Posts
I sold mine to my father in law. I have a white Silverado now and I want to lower it.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Cool...when are you dropping it?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts