GM Truck Club Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2000 Silverado Z71 4x4 5.3L 460k+ miles w/ GM rebuilt motor and trans
1,423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This weekend was a bear. Tractor issues, truck issues, farm implement issues, trailer issues... The list goes on, but I'm not here to whine (much). I'm here to collect some "ooh"s and "aah"s over my Mad McGyver Skills.

Motor vehicle Gas Handwriting Electrical wiring Machine

Borrowed a trailer for the day on Friday. When I went to put it away, I could not pull the plug. It disintegrated in my hands and was stuck inside my truck. Even with pliers, I could not remove the offending chunk of burnt, melted plastic. So, after rewiring the broken trailer (correctly vs. whatever it was before), I had to drag my own trailer home.

A few crimp on loops and blades (crimped w/ my precision Estwing hammer) jammed into the 7-pin to 4-pin adapter and we were golden! Drove 6.5 hours from SW Georgia to Central Florida with this bad boy hanging out on my bumper.

To add insult to injury, as we were leaving, the other truck towing the trailer with the tractor on it blew a fuse, causing all the trailer lights and parking lights to go out. LIke I said, this weekend was rough.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
I feel your pain! Hauling $hit is always so much fun - NOT!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts