GM Truck Club Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2001 2500 Suburban, 8.1L with 90K miles. Recently the ABS and Brake warning lights come on intermittently. I can turn off the ignition and then restart and the lights go off only to come on again later in the day or the next week.

The brakes work fine, I have good pads and the fluid level is good. Can anyone help me diagnose my problem?

Thanks

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
Should throw a dtc code. If you don't have a reader try AutoZone or the equivalent in your neighborhood. Search the forums and you will see lots of suggestions where to start.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Fluid level is the most common thing. You said its full but double check it. After that its usually a wheel speed sensor bad. Do you have 4 wheel abs? Had front brakes done recently? And i dont know if it will throw a DTC unless the light stays on.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the feedback. Seems the problem applies to 1999-2007 trucks. Apparently, the intermittent ABS Lights On problem has caused GM to replace Brake Modules needlessly. After replacing the Brake Module and still seeing the error codes, GM determined it was a grounding issue with the EBCM connection to the frame below the driver side foot well. GM has a replacement bolt & nut that they claim has a conductive finish. See Service Bulletin CBM 04-05-25-002D Section 5 – Brakes (06/14/2007) for details.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts