GM Truck Club Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanted to pass on some info regarding the ABS issues some folks may have faced.

My Yukon had the ABS and BRAKE light come on one day. Was not on all the time, but intermittant.

Take it to the shop and they say could be ABS module or ABS pump. Computer had some stored codes that indicated some possible wiring issues. Shop says $900 for module and $450 for pump. With 125k miles on it I say I think not. Not a safety issue just some irritating lights and a griping wife.

So I do a little research. Come across a company in Idaho that rebuilds the modules. Their website addresses the symptoms and if your issue fits the bill, they will rebuild your module for $150 plus freight.

Four torx screws, three computer plugs and about four days later I'm back in business.

This little trick eliminated the problem and allow the same amount of cash to pay for wheels, tires and a third seat that would have been spent on a worthless "fix".

Need more info? Just go to www.modulemaster.com

This information, if needed, just paid your internet bill for a year.

RQ

Reactions: unplugged

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
Thx!:sign0173:

·
Premium Member
1,101 Posts
Great information, thanks. Now as I stated in another thread, how about a picture of that Trans Am.:glasses:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
As soon as I can figure out how to getthe picture small enough, I'll post it.

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
Easy image re-sizer

Open the picture with the paint program that comes with windows. Do a Ctrl + W and then try resizing the image by whatever amount it takes to shrink it near 640 x 480. Then save the new sized picture under a different filename to preserve the original image. Try 50% first and adjust accordingly.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well I got the avatar on now let's see if the TA shows up in the signature.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Unplugged! Now I'm official.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts