GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi anyone have an answere for me my abs goes on when i'm going very slow and appy the brakes. this occurs on dry payment condition. does not happen when going faster just at slow speeds??? h e l p thanks

·
Registered
9 Posts
That happened in my 02 Silverado. My wheel hub bearings were going out & makes the abs sensor malfunction. You might try replacing that. If you want to wait on that, you can just take the abs fuse out.

·
Registered
592 Posts
Normally when a bearing is going out there will be play in the wheel. Just jack up the vehicle and see if there is any movement side to side.

However, other things can cause ABS to go crazy. Even something as simple as a bad sensor or damaged cable. I'd suggest taking it to a shop with a Tech2 or equivalent scan tool that's able to read the ABS codes stored in the computer. This will tell you exactly what's causing the light to flash.

Much better than taking a random guess. :)

·
Registered
61 Posts
It is your wheel speed sensors I bought two and then found out there was a recall for it call chevy and see if your truck was included in the recall if not I have a brand new wheel speed sensor I will sell y ou for 50 bucks they were 125 from chevy!!

·
Premium Member
1,625 Posts
What year and vehicle are we talking about here?

The sensors change from year to year as did the system itself.

Depending on what you have there could be many problems with the system.

PS
please fill out your signature card and we won't have to ask again.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts