GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Y’all.
I’ve got a 1992 Chevy K1500 (4x4 Silverado) extended cab.

my ac head unit is flashing the AC sign. It will just do this over and over and it doesn’t blow cold. I’m beyond frustrated as I have replaced everything related to the AC that I am aware of. Still to no avail

Just to be clear, it doblow air. Heater works great too. Any other questions you think would be helpful please ask!

items replaced:

Freon recharge (R134A)
low pressure switch replaced
AC compressor brand new
AC condenser
Orfice tube replaced
HVAC control head unit

when I disconnect the Battery for a few minutes then reconnect it the AC will blow ice cold for about 20-30min the. It stop blowing cold and the AC symbol flashes.

I’m literally over $1000 into it. Any help is very much appreciated

oh also I went to double check the Freon and it was at 93psi. I’m thinking there’s no way that could be right?! I had it recharged at Midas. What should it be

·
Registered
183 Posts
There is a high pressure switch too, maybe it is bad and that's why the AC works for a while, then the pressure gets too high and you start getting the error light. You need two pressure readings, the high side and the low side. 93 psi is not right for either one (assuming it was tested with the AC working).

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There is a high pressure switch too, maybe it is bad and that's why the AC works for a while, then the pressure gets too high and you start getting the error light. You need two pressure readings, the high side and the low side. 93 psi is not right for either one (assuming it was tested with the AC working).
Ah okay. It wasn’t tested with the AC working. I’ll see if I can find the high pressure switch and replace that one too

·
Registered
279 Posts
you need to put the parts cannon down , and start testing , as you said you have a grand into it now, and spending more , it might have saved you half if you just tested to find the problem and fixed that, is your vents working properly , you said it blows cold for about 30 min and the stops , is the fan putting out air, just changing parts is never the answer. think about the symptoms and figure out what would cause that, then start testing to see if that is the source of your problem, you might have a bad wire connection .

1 - 5 of 5 Posts