GM Truck Club Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello
I have a 2000 1500 ls suburban new body style. I'm having a problem with my ac belt/pulley. the engine runs smooth until you turn on the ac then it has a rough idle. If you go past 1500 rpm's the belt and pulley vibrate and make an awful sound. Only makes the sound when the ac is on. Bought a new belt and pulley still the same result. Does it driving or in park. Would appreciate any help.

·
Premium Member
1,101 Posts
Sounds like your compressor is trying to lock up on you. Is it making any noises?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No it does not as of yet. I noticed yesterday it seems to make the noise more when you can actually here the compressor click on, then if you rev it past 1500 rpm it makes that noise. Do you know if you can replace the clutch on the compressor or am i looking at a whole new one?

·
Premium Member
1,101 Posts
You can replace the clutch, but I'm betting it's more than that. Where in Tx are you?

·
Registered
9 Posts
That year sub has issues with a/c. My guess is c/c compressor is going south. GM dealer has warned me about it on my same year sub. If it is the compressor you will need to replace compressor and clutch, flush a/c sytem and install an inline filter. After about a month that filter will need to be replaced because metal in system will plug the filter. Not good news......

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
That year sub has issues with a/c. My guess is c/c compressor is going south. GM dealer has warned me about it on my same year sub. If it is the compressor you will need to replace compressor and clutch, flush a/c sytem and install an inline filter. After about a month that filter will need to be replaced because metal in system will plug the filter. Not good news......
Same exact thing as on my Wife's 2001 Sub. Going in the shop next week for everything mentioned above for $800 with new (not remanufactured) compressor (installed, flushed, charged, filter, etc.).
I priced out the compressors for cheaper for close to $500 for remanufactured OEM, or cheaper for aftermarket.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts