GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We just purchased a used 2003 TB and were wondering if it is possible to add in the compass, temperature, and mileage computer? Is the factory wiring all there, or does one have to do a lot of scabbing into the harness to install this stuff? Do I have to get the overhead console?

Also, on another note, do any of the TB's come with optional visors that are two-piece so you get side window and front window coverage like some of the other vehicles?

Ours is pretty much a plain-jane version and we are looking for options to dress it up and make it more functional -- especially for longer trips...

Thanks~

·
Registered
29 Posts
Welcome!

It is possible to add the compass and the temp sender, but as for the mileage stuff, that is all DIC that cannot be added for a reasonable price. To add the DIC, it would cost major mula, and it has been looked into before. You are better off trading it in for a TB already with DIC if you really want it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ScarabEpic22 said:
Welcome!

It is possible to add the compass and the temp sender, but as for the mileage stuff, that is all DIC that cannot be added for a reasonable price. To add the DIC, it would cost major mula, and it has been looked into before. You are better off trading it in for a TB already with DIC if you really want it.
Thanks... What I'm wondering is: Can I pick up a mirror from eBay or a pick and pull yard and stick it in the truck with no major hassles (DIC aside)? I'd sure like the auto dim, compass and temprature features. We had that stuff on our Explorer and miss it.

What sort of wiring harness would I have to procure to make all that stuff work?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts