GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't believe that my 95 Suburban has a factory limited slip ( no G80 code) What would be a good one to go with? The Suburban will be be used for just about everything, from towing to off roading.

Tim

·
Super Moderator
1,559 Posts
How much money do you have? Do you want LS or locker? If I had the money, I'd probably go with a selectable locker like an ARB or E-locker or similar so I could control when it locked up.

I'd probably do the same in the front, too. Unfortunately, no one makes any kind of traction aid for the 8.5 inch IFS front.

·
Premium Member
6,542 Posts
An ARB is probably the best choice for a locker. It cost's a little more but the ability to turn on the locker when needed is worth the extra price. And it has the added advantage of providing pressurized air. Limited Slips are almost worthless when off roading, they can be dangerous in on road icy conditions.
There is a locker for the made for the 8.5 IFS front axle (I gotta search for the manufacturer but I believe it was Eaton) it's not popular because IFS axles eat CV's regularly when coupled with a locker. And it isnt selectable which makes the turning radius suck.

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
I eat CV's without a locker so i definitely would not want one up front.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Lockers and IFS = Disaster.

If you want a locker for the rear, get a selectable one ie ARB or OX, I have seen too many horror stories about the Auburn Ected to recommend it.

Whatever you do, DO NOT put a lunchbox locker on your rig, if you're using it as a daily driver, you will regret it. Especially in the snow and rain.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts