GM Truck Club Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1996 Silverado Z71. I put in a new JVC cd player and alpine speakers all around. My buddy is selling his '95 so I am acquiring his sub box. It holds two 10"s and fits under the seat, you've all seen them. He's keeping his subs and amps and I need advice on what to get. I'm sure everyone has different opinions, but I'd like to know what everyone thinks. Sub brands and models? Amp size, brand? An amp for stereo speakers and one for the subs. I have heard that is the way to go...??? I listen to contemporary country and rock. Thanks a lot!

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
I like the rockford fosgate P2's. Great price and good sounding. They don't require alot of watts at all to sound good. I had 2 12's and just a 600 watt audiobahn 4 channel running my boston 6.5's front and rear and my 2 12's and they hit hard and sounded great. I listen to alot of country and rock and I like to be able to here the lyrics of the bass. But if I wanted to impress anyone I just turned up the bass and they hit. You can find the amp on ebay for like 130 bucks and the subs there two for great prices. Just my .02 :great:

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Alpine Type R's.

·
Super Moderator
3,410 Posts
Personally, if I had the depth of the space, I'd go with a pair of JL Audio 10W6v2 subs. They take very little airspace in a sealed box and they are awesome for rock and country. Tight punchy bass, even at low volumes. I have one in my suburban, and I can shake the truck. I'm considering moving up to two, but that will come after I buy a few other things for the truck. They also take up a minute amount of airspace... .6 cubic feet in a sealed box. I pretty much don't even notice the loss of space.

To go cheaper, you could go with a pair of Sony Xplod 10s. I have a pair in a sealed box in my car and they sound good. I wouldn't say they are as good as the JLs, but considering I got the 2 of them and the box for 100 bucks new from a local retailer, it's an awesome sub for the price. These subs also require very little airspace, .5 cubes each for them. Hope this helps...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts