GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering what everyone felt about AEM's Brute Force CAI.I have heard that they're awesome especially now that you don't have to oil them and I have also heard that they suck. I haven't seen much about em in this forum and I was if anyone with the same truck or similar has ran one and what it's doing for you. How are they different from a Volant CAI, besides the fact they're not enclosed.Any input would help. Thanks

·
Registered
380 Posts
There more convenient because you don't have to oil them. There different than Volant only because there not enclosed. And the conclusion I have come up with is; any after market CAI is better than stock. It's just a matter of opinion which brand name you choose.

FYI: Get the plastic tube ones, the polished metal ones are louder but not as efficient as plastic.

·
Registered
2,805 Posts
yea i agree with noob. an intake is an intake no matter what brand. AEM is good cuz there is no oil and its just one less thing you have to worry about. I prefer K&N just from personal experience and people here seem to like Volant but the AEM is also a good intake and I have never really heard anything bad about them

·
Registered
241 Posts
I have a K&N and I like it, but it was a close call between it and Volant. The main difference, other than price, is that the volant with the ram air tube is a true cai. The other cai's are not. They do not seal the intake filter from engine heat.:glasses:

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks fells. I'm thinkin I'll go with the Volant. I'll let ya'll know how it works out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts