GM Truck Club Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 04 silverado 4x4 and my front shocks have decided they are done after 185k.. I was looking at auto parts websites and seeing a lot of replacments at around $50-60 per side.. i dont need anything fancy just dependable. mostly city/highway driving. could use a little softer ride because the minneapolis city streets and highways are always rough and im rarely going anywhere near weight capacity. doing my tie rods next week and i may as well do those too before the alignment.
any suggestion?

·
Registered
7,979 Posts
Basically anything middle of the road from Monroe will work great for MN roads (i have a set dont remember the exact name) and they ride awsome and have nnice control and still eat up the cavers that we call bumps up here!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks a lot man.. yeah i got a sink hole developing in front of where a usually park on the street. looks to be a couple feet deep.
ill check those out. you know of any decent affordable place to get an alignment?

·
Registered
7,979 Posts
I have a little shop here in Cloquet that does them for $35. otherwise dont go to Firestone ever. But Tires plus charged me $67 a couple of weeks ago for my F-150.... But id say you may want to call around since MPLS has a TON of shops

1 - 4 of 4 Posts