GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have heard rumors that if you put an aftermarket exhaust on the siquential v-8 it will flood out the motor. Is there anyway around that so I can get some exhaust put on my truck. If i need to do a full cat back system or if I can just do the single in dual out 40 series flowmaster. Someone please help!!!

·
Registered
5,008 Posts
There are a lot of guys on here with aftermarket exhaust (including myself) and I have yet to hear of any problems. I just went to a local muffler shop and had them weld up a single in dual out flowmaster 40 series. $350 for everything including tips.

·
4,781 Posts
X2 on most everyone goes with a Cat Back Exhaust.....Single In & Duals Out.I all so have Not heard of any problems...I'm all so running with a Flowmaster.

·
Premium Member
6,542 Posts
Never heard that one before, if it did happen it had to be a fluke that it happened after a new exhaust system, I know many that have replace their exhast on new trucks and never had a problem.

·
Registered
734 Posts
Im running a magnaflow just fine.

This reminds me of when I was getting quotes for the exhaust install. I asked for a quote on a Dual Magnaflow exhaust and he told me that it was impossible because anytime you hook a dual exhaust up to a V8 the engine would blow. He claims it happens every time they install one. haha

·
Registered
541 Posts
Never go to that shop. lol

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Never go to that shop. lol
haha...x2.

i've had a cat back single in/dual out Flowmaster 40 series for about 9 years now. it still sounds the same way after it left the shop and i've never had any problems.

·
Registered
7,291 Posts
I'm running cat-back Magnaflows on my Suburban, Silverado and the wifes Trailblazer with no problems.

·
Registered
5,008 Posts
As you can see, the information you received was false. Now you just need to decide what muffler/set up you want to run.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have heard rumors that if you put an aftermarket exhaust on the siquential v-8 it will flood out the motor. Is there anyway around that so I can get some exhaust put on my truck.

If i need to do a full cat back system or if I can just do the single in dual out 40 series flowmaster.

Someone please help!!!

For more information on exhaust system please visit the website here www.jeepzine.com/best-exhaust-system-for-toyota-tacoma/
An aftermarket performance exhaust can free some of the power in your engine. These systems allow for a quicker, more efficient path for exhaust gases to escape.
This means your engine "breathes" better, so spent fuel and air exit the combustion chambers faster!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts