GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im looking into getting a set of heads for my truck but im not sure which company to go with. i have heard a lot of good things from AFR and trickflow, but has any heard any thing about PRC heads? i know of one place that sells them (texas-speed.com) but havent heard a lot... im just trying to see what you all think and which company is gonna have the best heads for the price.

·
Registered
7,291 Posts
Those are Patriot Racing heads. There here in Alabama and they are good heads. Have you looked at Edelbrocks?

·
Registered
527 Posts
I use to always use Edelbrock

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No I haven't. I've been talking around more to some old school gear heads that are making the switch to the ls family motors, and they keep saying go with the 5.3 heads ported and polished. Basicaly a stage 2 5.3 head and put a good cam and it should net me 400rwhp once I put on long tubes and retune it...

·
Registered
7,291 Posts
I agree with them. After reading your post I thought you were sold on aftermarket heads. I saw a article in one of the GM performance magizines and they changed the cam and reworked the heads on a 5.3. The heads were sent to West Coast Racing Cylinder Heads were the added 1.94 intake and 1.57exhaust valves, stock is 1.89 and 1.55. They gasket ported the ports and reworked the valve pockets. They didn't hog out the heads, just a little clean up. They used a CompCam but I don't remmember which one, but this engine screamed. And you will have a dependable engine.

·
Registered
7,291 Posts
Goggle Chevy5.3performance. Theres some good articles from differant magazines about the 5.3.

·
Registered
70 Posts
When I was looking around for new heads for my 5.3 I decided to go with Total Engine Airflow. They are located in Tallmadge, OH and their website is www.totalengineairflow.com. They started with a stock gm head and, in my case added 2.00" intake and 1.57 exhaust valves and they were ported and polished. I've been very happy with the gain in performance. Just my .02.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts