GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone put one of these on? For me, it's all about the hot summers, not the cold winters.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have one on my 05 Tahoe it is awsome. It runs for 20minutes each time you hit the button. there are several on the market just stay away from BullDog.

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What's the brand that you put in?

·
Registered
19 Posts
i personnally have an Autopage 855 or something like that on my 04 Tahoe. Other than remote start/alarm, it has driver paging, operating the ac/heater when needed, not just if you turned it on before starting. It also lets you know if someone tappered with your vehicle while you were gone.

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
I have one on my 05 Tahoe it is awsome. It runs for 20minutes each time you hit the button. there are several on the market just stay away from BullDog.
We have a bulldog, and have had no complaints.

Just curious to know what issues you had with them?

·
Registered
3 Posts
auto start

Hey

I put an AUTOSTART brand on my 2001 tahoe, when I bought it in 05 its simple and nothing special, but it works up to over a half mile I have found out. It was only 275 installed!

·
Registered
3 Posts
ScyTek Galaxy 5100RS

i plan on putting a scytek galaxy 5100RS. is it a good choice of go from something else

·
Premium Member
1,625 Posts
I put in a Bull Dog as well and had no trouble with it, other than runnin over the remote one day.

also wonder why someone said to stay away from them.

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
I have a Bull dog still in the box I've never installed it. No time

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well, I may look into that for this summer. It sure would be nice to not have a blistering 120F vehicle when you get into it. You almost lose about 2 lbs from sweat just before you get the AC to kick in.

:eek:uch:

·
Registered
36 Posts
I have one I love it too.. I can start it from a looong distance, and can cut it off or on, can also set it to start up at certain times if I want, makes you feel big time when you start it up and folks around looking. I have an audiovox, the key fob even has a little flashlight on it. very nice system... think I had it put in for about high $3's or $400, and its welll worth it on those cold mornings when I'm running late.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I had one put on my truck right after i got it i love everything about it the only problem is that if i let it run the 12 minutes or whatever it is more than 2 times without inserting the key it will set a code in the computer so i have to reset it, but worth it all the way, and i had a guy put it in on the side and parts and all it cost me 275

1 - 13 of 13 Posts