GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Administrator
4,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone put one of these on? For me, it's all about the hot summers, not the cold winters.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have one on my 05 Tahoe it is awsome. It runs for 20minutes each time you hit the button. there are several on the market just stay away from BullDog.

·
Registered
19 Posts
i personnally have an Autopage 855 or something like that on my 04 Tahoe. Other than remote start/alarm, it has driver paging, operating the ac/heater when needed, not just if you turned it on before starting. It also lets you know if someone tappered with your vehicle while you were gone.

·
Registered
3 Posts
auto start

Hey

I put an AUTOSTART brand on my 2001 tahoe, when I bought it in 05 its simple and nothing special, but it works up to over a half mile I have found out. It was only 275 installed!

·
Registered
3 Posts
ScyTek Galaxy 5100RS

i plan on putting a scytek galaxy 5100RS. is it a good choice of go from something else

·
Premium Member
1,625 Posts
I put in a Bull Dog as well and had no trouble with it, other than runnin over the remote one day.

also wonder why someone said to stay away from them.

·
Administrator
4,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well, I may look into that for this summer. It sure would be nice to not have a blistering 120F vehicle when you get into it. You almost lose about 2 lbs from sweat just before you get the AC to kick in.

:eek:uch:

·
Registered
36 Posts
I have one I love it too.. I can start it from a looong distance, and can cut it off or on, can also set it to start up at certain times if I want, makes you feel big time when you start it up and folks around looking. I have an audiovox, the key fob even has a little flashlight on it. very nice system... think I had it put in for about high $3's or $400, and its welll worth it on those cold mornings when I'm running late.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I had one put on my truck right after i got it i love everything about it the only problem is that if i let it run the 12 minutes or whatever it is more than 2 times without inserting the key it will set a code in the computer so i have to reset it, but worth it all the way, and i had a guy put it in on the side and parts and all it cost me 275

1 - 13 of 13 Posts