GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I actually think it's a good engineering project, and it probably keeps him cool. I just wonder how much it costs him in extra fuel costs from hitting that AC unit. It might cost him more $$ in fuel over the next couple of years. lol

·
Registered
30 Posts
Uhhh? It looked like rachet straps holding it to his roof... How safe is that?
Someone might walk off with his dim.. er?? bright idea.

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
I know people who've talked about doing this, so it doesn't strike me as brilliant, like the news channel was going on about it. I would have been more impressed if he had taken out the old AC system, and disassembled the house unit, and fit it into the car. Probably would be something I would do with the burb, since I'm not going to convert the R12 system into R134. But I'm not going to have a big ole box on the roof.

·
Super Moderator
3,399 Posts
don't knock it till ya tried it....In Mississippi it's quite common, with the exception that it's usually a pickup with the unit in the rear window over the bed and a generator in the bed of the pickup. It cools the truck...I wouldn't do it, with the exception of when I would camp in the sub, hang it outta the window :great:

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
Sorry this is perilously close to my "T.O.D.". If it wasn't for Crawdaddy giving it the thumbs up.... I'll let it slide:neutral:

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well, it jt struck me as funny that this guy made the NEWS!

The guy who helps invent a smaller pacemaker battery, or a new lightbulb that lasts longer while using less electricity ... that's overlooked. The guy who takes a house AC and puts it over his car ... THIS GUY makes the news.

·
Registered
407 Posts
I think that is RED-GREENS' brother, Brown Green.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts