GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it possible for the trap door for the ventalation to be stuck in the open position? The reason I ask is that our 04 Burb. when the A/C is on, we somtimes smell outside air. The light comes on ,on the switch for outside/inside ventalation. I even thought that the switch was backwards, when the light was lite I thought the door was open. But its the same either way. Although the air temp. does seem to cool more with the swithc in the on position, but we still get fumes from outside sometimes. I will bring it in for warranty service for that and the rear back light on top doesn't work.

·
Super Moderator
3,372 Posts
Whlile the recirculate button does recirculate the air, it still pulls a small percentage of fresh air from outside. All A/C units,auto and house, are required to pull a certain percentage of fresh air into the HVAC system. I don't know if there are any workarounds to not having any fresh air introduced into the system.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for that info. I still want to take it in for some small minor things that are covered. I will have them look at it anyway, no-harm asking. Although sometimes they don't always do what is asked, they tell you they did, but its a 50/50 crap shoot.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts