GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would someone tell me what the pressure should be for my 02- 1500HD 4x4. the door was repainted before I got it and there is no sticker anywhere. Thanks, Henry

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
You should go by what the sidewall indicates, for max inflation. If the tires were ever changed, the new brand, if not the same as original equipment may have different values.

·
Administrator
4,886 Posts
Yeah, I agree. If it's an 02 then you're very likely not dealing with new rubber as it's 5-6 years ago that they were put on there. In either case, even if they were factory the sidewall would still show you (if its readable still) the proper inflation.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi, the tires have less than 10K on them but l do not want to set the air pressure as per the side wall info as that is the max air at max load. I want to set the air as per the door tag then play with the pressure when I tow our 5th wheel trailer. Thanks, Henry

·
Premium Member
1,625 Posts
Then go down a couple of lbs. and drive it, make sure you don’t have to much of a bulge in the bottom.

Keep going down until you get the ride you want. Just remember the lower you go it will affect drivability.

It will get soft and sluggish in turns at to low a pressure.

When you tow the trailer I would go with the Max. on the tire because of the trailer.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts