GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
got a problem with my air delivery system. when it's on defrost it's fine. when it's on heater it's fine. when it's on vent, the air is pathetic. hardly there.

I have a theory that the shop that changed my heater core messed something up when they put it back together, but I didn't know anything was wrong nearly soon enough because I don't drive the truck, my wife does, and she jsut said something to me as the temps are rising here in Texas.

The service manual is of no help, it doesn't even have a diagram of the air flow. Can anybody tell me where to start looking?

95 suburban, 350 engine

·
Registered
216 Posts
the door that changes over in the box sounds like it isn't opening or closing all the way, and its causing the air not to get to the ducts like it should. or either its your control cables not moving the door all the way.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Is there a diagram somewhere that shows airflow to help me diagnose it? Or a thread with directions for removing the air box?

·
Registered
216 Posts
I am pretty sure you could google it or even get a chilton's manual

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I bought a gm service manual so i wouldn't have to get a chilton, but its not much help in this case

·
Registered
15 Posts
Look just to the right of the gas pedal. You should see a rod that connects the flapper. Move the control from defrost to vent and you should see the rod move. More that likely have to re-connect the rod. My 92 Burban had the same problem.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Have somewhat similiar problem with my '05 G3500 Express Van.
No air flow from dash vents, regardless of position of selector
switch. No air flow when Heat or A/C. Floor vents and
defrost vents seem OK....?......

Cannot tell if the air flow routing is done mechanically (cable) or
electrically. When moving the selector switch, there is no
feel of mechanical resistance (cable) and there is no "thunk"
sound of baffles moving to change the air flow.

Repair manual is useless - no info at all. Anybody know where
to look to find the problem? (Gotta get it working before the
100+ degree Texas Heat melts this 70 yr old body down to
a grease spot!! Ouch....)

cheers,
johnd

1 - 8 of 8 Posts