GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my 04 2500HD, I doe not have cruise...I fella at a car show told me that ALL newer trucks have the components for cruise control already installed. and that all I need to do is purchase the turn signal handle with cruise and extend the plug wires down into some plug under dash.
Does my truck most likely have the components for cruise controll?
Thanks, Mark

·
Registered
7,979 Posts
mabey some of the wiring is there but not the control module and what motor tranny do you have?? if it is gas then it most likely has an electrnic throttle which means the software in the computer is not installed either.. the only time that i am aware of a vehicle having something installed already is just basic components, and most of the time is becase it is cheaper to produce the same part rather than emiminating it for a cheaper model.. So the plug might be there and everything else but it is a bit mroe involved than that. Evne as involved a dealer having to install everything and a nice and hefty fee.. Otherwise if it has a throttle cable instead of drive by wire i would go ahead and call a local shop and pirce them out.. I was quoted 250 for cruise installed.. But it is trottle cable equipped vehicles only.

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
I'm not sure of this answer either. I've heard rumors but don't have any testimonials on this to back it up. I have heard that things like wiring for the various stereo options are all hooked up regardless of what package is selected, becuase it's just cheaper to do it that way, but cruise on a modern vehicle is all computerized anyhow.

Why don't you call your local dealership/stealership and see what they say?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts