GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all!

And a very happy new 2008! :party:

I now had my '03 Burb for a month and a half and made som 2500 miles. The whole family just loves the car, and personally I think it's probably the nicest ride I ever had (and I had a few). The interior space and layout is marvellous. Just like a small executive jet. :great:

Still - I have one problem. I've noticed an annoying (and worrying) sound, which seems to come from the left front wheel. It's a kind of rapidly pulsating rumbling noise. It goes away when I turn the wheel right ever so slightly, but it's there when going straight or turning left. I now have studded tires which gives more of a road noise, but this is somthing else. I'm taking it up with my dealer soon ( :grrrrrr: :rules: ), but would like to have some ideas as to the cause before that.

Any hints would be appreciated.

·
1,556 Posts
Wheel bearings or CV joint are the first things that come to my mind.

·
Premium Member
1,101 Posts
I don't know if it's 4wd or 2wd, but the above posts could be accurate. You might also want to rotate the tires (you said studded tires, is that metal studs or aggressive tread?), it could be a tire on the front with cupped tread.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I don't know if it's 4wd or 2wd, but the above posts could be accurate. You might also want to rotate the tires (you said studded tires, is that metal studs or aggressive tread?), it could be a tire on the front with cupped tread.
It's a 4WD with steel studs. Tires are brand new.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts