GM Truck Club Forum banner

481 - 484 of 484 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have a 2010 with 229,000 miles on it. I have just recently decided to replace it and am getting super low trade in offers. I’ve never had a single issue with my truck. I asked the last dealership why the offers were so low and they mentioned the motor problems. My check engine light has never came on! That’s what led me to find this forum. Is it possible that my truck has the newer engine? Is there info somewhere such as motors through a certain VIN OR DATE have the bad motors so I can check mine? It is the 5.3 with Afm.
A friend of mine just had a 2017 Silverado bite the dust. Lost number 1 and number 7. Still under warranty but he traded it off anyway. Bought a Ford this time. They paid it off so he would buy theirs. So as far as the good dates? 2007 down.

·
Registered
12,693 Posts
I have a 2010 with 229,000 miles on it. I have just recently decided to replace it and am getting super low trade in offers. I’ve never had a single issue with my truck. I asked the last dealership why the offers were so low and they mentioned the motor problems. My check engine light has never came on! That’s what led me to find this forum. Is it possible that my truck has the newer engine? Is there info somewhere such as motors through a certain VIN OR DATE have the bad motors so I can check mine? It is the 5.3 with Afm.
But they would have gladly sold you an other with the 5.3

·
Registered
5,628 Posts
you are trading in your 2010 with 200K plus miles on it .. if you complaining about the low trade value of your 2010 GM truck that low $$$ is IMO accurate .. you will get perhaps $2500 on a 2wd or 4K on a 4wd.. that mileage is end of life on these trucks ..

GM dealership will send it to the auction guy.

best sell your truck yourself .. 4WD truck should sell quickly ..but 200K miles not gonna get what you want for it . you are lucky to get that much and no major damage.

try to get $10K off the new truck sticker price .. vehicle sales now low , so you may luck out .. end of the month is when to do the deal.

481 - 484 of 484 Posts