GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 95 Suburban k1500 with the abs light on. It was fine until one morning I go out and start it up and the light came on. The light comes on like it should for the test. Then the brake light comes on and the abs light goes off. When the brake light goes out the abs comes back on and stays on.

I have read other posts where people say to just disconnect it, but this is a safety feature I would like to keep. (Past experiences have saved me).

I have replaced the front pads, rotors and calipers. New master cylinder, full system bleed and inspected rears. Wanted to make sure braking system was up to par before I went any farther.

Where is the next place I should look? I know there is a speed sensor on each front wheel and one on the transfer case for the rear. All of those look good and all the connectors are dry and in good shape. Is there any way to test the speed sensors?

Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I was having the same problem on my '95 suburban. I had taken it to midas to have the transmission flushed and filled. When I picked it up the ABS light was on. They checked it out but said they were unable to figure out the problem. I took it home and checked all the fuses and one 50 amp fuse in the fuse relay under the hood was burnt out. I changed it and the ABS light went out. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Checked all the fuses and are good. Did notice today though that when the brake is pressed the fluid sprays up in the resivour. There is quit a bit of vacuum when I opened it. There also seems to be fluid leaking out under the cap. I plan on taking this to the shop this week. I can't have the brakes fail on me. I already replaced the master cylinder, so I am thinking there may be a blockage or stuck valve in the ABS module.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I don't have access to any of those, so to the shop it goes.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Got it fixed today. It ended up being the front right wheel speed sensor.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts