GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok Steve, gotta a new question for ya!! :?:

The latest thing to be occurring in my '04 TB is this:

I am driving down the road....and my interior lights come on and the "chime" goes off. The conditions of the road makes no difference...smooth or bumpy....driving under 25mph or over 55mph. I never know when it will do it....just does it whenever it feels like it. On the average I would say approx. once a week (though on this past Saturday it did it twice in about 20 minutes). :idea:

Since I have already asked you about my being shocked when I get out of it (I talked to a GM repairman and he said they have a lot of TBers doing it)...could this just be another electircal problem? :?:

Thanks...Donna

·
Administrator
4,886 Posts
Maybe it's haunted? Demon posessed?

You've got me on this one. Maybe an indication of low battery? Bad connection or a loose wire up on your dial for the interior lights. Maybe a loose connection on a door sensor?

·
Administrator
4,886 Posts
Do you get a message on the dash about having a door ajar when this happens?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
NOPE, NO MESSAGE.....LOOSE WIRE ON INTERIOR LIGHT DIAL OR DOOR SENSOR CONNECTION SOUNDS LIKE A GOOD POSSIBILITY. LOW BATTERY??? WOULD IT DO THAT?
NOW THE DEMON POSESSION IS A DEFINITE POSSIBILITY...

·
Administrator
4,886 Posts
I've been thinking about this I would think that it's something to do with a sensor in the door that lets you know that the door is being opened / shut, etc.

That's where I would look first.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts