GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got a Black 2011 Silverado 1500 series LT with Texas edition and the convenience package as a fathers day gift from the wife. I Love the truck and cant wait to drive it in a few more months when get back home from my 4th Iraq tour. Born and raised in North Richland Hills Texas. I joined the Army after moving away from home to Tulsa Oklahoma where I met my wonderful wife of 9 years now. To make a long story short she thought I deserved a mans vehicle and was time to ditch the imports. She knew I liked the Chevy so here we are my first Chevy Truck. Plans in the immediate future are to put chrome nerf bars, a level kit, tint thefront windows, a bed liner, taunneu cover, KN intake, flow master exhaust, and HID kit. When I am stateside I am with the 1st Cav division out of Ft Hood Texas, but will be rocking the Texas edition out in the East in one of the Carolinas if all goes to plan. Well anywho as I make some improvement I am sure I will have many questions and will look for advice from some of the more Seasoned truck owners on brand parts and good combinations. Well thats all about me in a nutshell.

-Nick-

·
Registered
7,291 Posts
Welcome to the club, Nick. Great wife!!:great:

·
Registered
8,623 Posts
Welcome to the club Nick & thanks for your service. Congrats on the new truck. What a sweet wife you've got :)

·
Registered
4,982 Posts
welcome to the club, judging by your S/N your a medic and to that i say thank you being an ex 11B i love medics!

·
Registered
7,172 Posts
Welcome to the Club and congrats on your new ride!!! Keep us posted as the mods keep getting added. BTW, thank you for your service!!!

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
welcome to the club, judging by your S/N your a medic and to that i say thank you being an ex 11B i love medics!
I love the infantry. If it weren't for the Infantry guys I wouldn't have any good stories to tell. Its kinda a co dependent relationship. All my 11 Bang Bangs take care of me and I take care of them. So my hats off to you too, Thank you for your service as well.

The 2 most common questions I get asked by infantry guys.

1. Doc take a look at this. Does it look normal to you? (as they are pull their pants down)
2. Hey Doc where you keep the Morphine?

---------- Post added at 09:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:26 PM ----------

Welcome to the club Nick, and thanks from one vet to another vet, Love the truck!!!
Thanks for your service to Big Ron.

·
Registered
4,982 Posts
Yes those two questions where asked by guys to our medics all the time ... o good times

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Thanks silveradotrailblazer, mfleetwood, and Stephan

·
Registered
11 Posts
Welcome to the club I too am a new Chevy owner. My little bro is in Iraq now on his first tour with the 82nd, thank you for your service and keep your head down soldier.

·
Registered
7,172 Posts
I love the infantry. If it weren't for the Infantry guys I wouldn't have any good stories to tell. Its kinda a co dependent relationship. All my 11 Bang Bangs take care of me and I take care of them. So my hats off to you too, Thank you for your service as well.

The 2 most common questions I get asked by infantry guys.

1. Doc take a look at this. Does it look normal to you? (as they are pull their pants down)
2. Hey Doc where you keep the Morphine?

---------- Post added at 09:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:26 PM ----------

Hey, in the Marine Corps, we always had Navy Corpsman (medics) hanging around us for obvious reasons....I can explain why your #1 was asked so much but do not think it is appropriate for this forum :glasses:

However, your commentary brings back some great memories!...and thanks for sharing!

·
Registered
7,979 Posts
Welcome aboard...

I was an Armor Mech in an Infantry unit for 5 years. wow is all i can say.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
My mechanics love me. When they are busy on QAQC days I will pull my vehical into a bay and start working on the deadlines myself. I find it an honor that they trust me enough to give me unlimited access to their tool boxes and tool room without having to ask first. You being a mechanic know that if any of the tools are missing that comes out of the mechanics pocket.

·
Registered
5,089 Posts
Welcome!......

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Didn't know where else I should put this announcement. I AM HOME. Its been a very long year in Iraq. Love my truck the wife drove it a little bit more than she was letting on but that's ok. I will be posting some picks of me and the truck as I get settled back into home life. I have a honey do list that the wife isnt showing me yet. But just looking around I can already see some things that have been neglected over the last year. Good news is since we left Al Asad Air air base in Iraq shortly after 02:00 on the first I got another month Tax free and some more combat pay for the month. Anyways its good to be back.

Nicolas King.

·
Registered
2,050 Posts
Welcome HOME! And thanks again for serving.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Welcome to the club. It is a good place for info. Thank for your Service. I am proud of all the thanks you are getting from this site. As a Viet Nam vet the only thanks I got was from my father. Working on my truck got me through it. ;-)

---------- Post added at 03:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:30 PM ----------

Welcome to the club. Great Wife. Nice truck. This is a good place to get info. And, THANKS for your SERVICE!! I am proud of all thanks you are getting from this site. I miss only a little bit the Thanks you are getting, speaking as a Viet Nam vet.

·
Registered
2,337 Posts
Welcome to the Club and THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE TO OUR COUNTRY!!! flag.gif

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
Welcome to the club, and thank you for your service! I look at truck parts all the time and find some decent deals if you want me to lookout for something for you let me know and ill see what i can find.

·
Premium Member
7,518 Posts
Welcome to the G M T C and glad you got back home!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts