GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
I am from NC and I just traded my Cutlass for this Suburban. It needed a transmission rebuild(cracked sun shell) but I got it rebuilt for $950. It seems to be a beast offroad even with its heavy weight.

Before:

In between:
]

After(and more parts to come):

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
PS: I guess I don't know how to post pics on here. If someone could help me, that would be great. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
Good looking truck. Just use the Image icon and it will post for you.

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
Welcome to the site and that's a mean looking Burban!

·
1,536 Posts
Welcome. I've enjoyed my '98 off-road, sometimes wish it had a shorter wheelbase/better departure angle, but it does well enough.

Sun shell seems to be one of the weak points on the 4L60E.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys. I guess I did post the pics right. They show up now but I will try the other way next time.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey welcome. How about some more info. What size lift, Tires, Rims Gears that kinda stuff. :great:
Oh yeah, I completely forgot. Sorry. It has the stock vortec 350 with a k&n. Gears are 3.73s but I am hoping on getting something closer to 4.11 soon. No lockers...yet. Tires are BFGoodrich M/T 35x12.50. Rim size is 15" and I don't remember the exact width but I want to say 10". I have two inch blocks in the back and(your gonna love this part) the torsion bars are cranked all the way up in the front. I know that is really bad for it but lift kits for IFS are too expensive for my budget right now. I will probably go to a solid front axle instead of a lift for the IFS.

·
Registered
2,805 Posts
ouch on the torsion crank... your front end and those BFG's must not be feelin too good as well as your ride its gotta be rough.... I understand your concern about the price of IFS lifts tho and a straight axle is worth it if you can afford them... I wish I could

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ouch on the torsion crank... your front end and those BFG's must not be feelin too good as well as your ride its gotta be rough.... I understand your concern about the price of IFS lifts tho and a straight axle is worth it if you can afford them... I wish I could
Yeah, I know I shouldn't have. It is wearing out the ball joints very quickly. I probably will do the solid axle swap because I can spend money here and there; I will have to come up with the money all at once if I just buy the ifs lift kit. I also think it will be more original to have this body style of suburban with a solid axle (at least where I live).

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
that thing looks awesome! I have my lift blocks sitting in the back of mine at the moment, can't decide whether or not I want to put them in.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
that thing looks awesome! I have my lift blocks sitting in the back of mine at the moment, can't decide whether or not I want to put them in.
Thanks. I didn't think you guys would respond to my pictures like this. I figured everyone would just say "another lifted suburban....wow whats so special" haha the lift blocks are working great on my burb but i would be careful if you are thinking about cranking the torsion bars

1 - 12 of 12 Posts