GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings fellow Truckers,

I've have 3 questions:

I'm wondering about how much horsepower I've gained with the mods I've done? I'm thinking @ 30hp but I'm no pro:great:

What do I need to do to get @ 345hp?

And what can I do to my suspension to be able to tow @ 10,000lbs?

I know many of you are busy, so whenever someone has time. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
I'd say with your intake, exhaust and programmer maybe 25hp flywheel myabe 15 rear wheel somewhere in that neighborhood. But don't just go off HP numbers because your car is doing much better then that. Your shiffting gears quicker you've added tq so don't be to upset to see low numbers. If your looking to get into the 350hp flywheel area with strictly boltons I'd say your next big purchase should be headers. A good set of long tubes will net you close to 15 or more rearwheel hp and that is dyno proven.

As far as towing is concerned what is your truck rated at stock to pull. Your engine and tranny should be able to handle it with no problem. What gear ratio do you have? Also a set of aal's or rear air suspions would help you tow the load alot more safely.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm not sure about towing weight, but I think it's @ 7 or 8K

Any suggestions on a brand of long tube headers, or shall I just research this site?

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
I check with pacesetter exhaust first. Their website is pacesetterexhaust.com. They will be the most affordable and still give plenty of power. Also Dynatech is the best. They offer full systems including Headers, Y-pipe, and high flow cats. They are also the most expensive. Around 1300 bucks but deff worth it. Check out stylintrucks.com and type in your trucks info and see what it gives you from their. There's a few brands out their you just got to do a little searching on the web.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok, i checked out the manual which i should've done before. I have the 4.10 gear ratio, and capable of handling up to 14K. Thanks again for your help:great:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts