GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ours are getting s l o w to rise, and a little noisy. Is this simply removing door panels and lubing linkage? Or is there something else? Thank you-

KE

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
When you say noisy do you mean it's squeaking/squealing?
If that's the case then it's actually the rubber weather strip at the bottom of the window on the door. It should have a thin coating of felt hair on it, after a time, the hair rubs off, and you have just a rubber strip that presses against the glass, creating resistance, and making an gawd awful squeal as the window goes up or down.

·
Registered
27 Posts
What Patrick said....

Also ,

As for the window regulator and stuff , A spray can of lithium grease works great getting in the tracks , gears , etc. You will probably have to clean the window several times after doing it ..cause unless you have perfect aim , the glass is gonna get greased too.

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
What Patrick said....

Also ,

As for the window regulator and stuff , A spray can of lithium grease works great getting in the tracks , gears , etc. You will probably have to clean the window several times after doing it ..cause unless you have perfect aim , the glass is gonna get greased too.
You most certainly can I've had to do this to a few cars. Take door pads off (watch those pine tree looking fasteners...I usually buy a box of them) Once your in you'll have to move window up and down to get at all the armachor.
But that should take care of prob for sure.

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
Sorry just notice the slow part, the actuator might need to be replaced. Leave everything off. If grease doesn't solve then replace I don't think there much $ anymore.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts