GM Truck Club Forum banner

Another trailer wiring question

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  dwill3015 
#1 ·
Hello All, Newbie to this forum. Just purchased an '03 Sub and will be pulling a pop-up camper with it. My question is in reference to the factory trailer wiring harness. In the owner's manual is the following statement:

If your trailer is equipped with electronic brakes, you
can get a jumper harness (electric trailer brake control)
with a trailer battery feed fuse from your dealer. This
harness and fuse should be installed by your dealer or a
qualified service center.

I understand that GM P/N 15085418 is this harness....and I understand that I can use this harness to directly wire in my brake controller......my question is, does anyone know if this harness also supplies 12vdc to the auxillary post of the rear mounted RV connector?

As well, does anyone know if specific connection diagrams comes with this harness or does anyone have a link for such?

Thanks much for your time!!

Discussion starter · #3 ·
Follow up

The answer to my above question related to the trailer battery feed fuse is that with the noted harness above (GM P/N 15085418) comes a plug-in fuse that is installed in the underhood fuse box. It supplies battery voltage to a pin on the 7-pin RV connector at your rear bumper. This for an auxulliary battery connection such as one might find on an RV.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.